IBM Research announces the 2013 Josef Raviv Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computer Science and Computer Engineering in memory of Dr. Josef Raviv. IBM will offer one postdoctoral fellowship to a recent Ph.D. who shows exceptional promise for a research career in computer science or computer engineering. The fellowship will be for one year, with an opportunity for IBM to renew for an additional year conditional on funding availability. The stipend will be highly competitive, and will include reasonable moving and travel expenses. A candidate must have received a Ph.D. degree between January 2009 and August 2013. Depending on proposed collaborations, the Fellow will spend most of his/her time at one of IBM’s worldwide research laboratories. The Fellow will be free to follow his/her own research interests, but is expected to work closely with other IBM researchers. Applicants are encouraged to identify IBM Research groups working in their area of interest. Application deadline: January 6, 2013 Please submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified by March 15, 2013. The fellowship begins in early September, unless another date is agreed upon.
- Resume (include contact e-mail, postal address, phone number).
- Thesis summary (one-page maximum).
- Research proposal (no more than two pages).
- Indicate the proposed lab. If you know of a specific group(s) which you would like to join and/or researcher(s) you would like to work with, indicate that as well. If there are multiple groups, list at most three.
- Reprint of applicant's most significant research publications.
- Three (3) reference letters, including one from the Ph.D. thesis advisor. Letters should be sent directly by recommenders to email@example.com