Software Engineer, Mobile Apps
Picture books as we know them are being redefined as a mix of animation, story telling, interactivity and a social networking experience between parents, children and teachers. Auryn’s unique blend of professionals with backgrounds in design, animated story telling and computer graphics is uniquely positioned to create the next killer app.
Be a part of history.
We are looking for strong, generalist developers who can help us realize the vision of next generation picture books on tablet devices.
Main responsibilities include
- Contribute to the roadmap for a tablet application that combines gaming, animated story telling and reading into a unified experience.
- Code the application that redefines the picture book market.
- Create immersive experiences using different sensors on tablet devices and optimize the code to get the most out of each device.
- Ability to learn new technologies and problem spaces quickly.
- Strong computer science background.
- Strong experience developing software for mobile devices. Knowledge of C/C++, Objective-C (for iOS), Java (for Android), Unity3D, and/or Python a plus.
- Strong background in computer graphics, image processing and mathematics. Knowledge of OpenGL, MATLAB, OpenCV, and/or CUDA a plus.
- Commitment to creating the best experience on tablet devices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.