We invite applications for the position of: Advancement Services & Database Manager
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, you will join the Advancement Team with the important responsibility for ensuring the quality of Crescent School’s Advancement database and the fundraising and friend raising research extracted from that database. You are a quick learner and team player with programming skills, the ability to analyze data and financial information and an interest in the technological side of business. You are also a strategic thinker generating new and innovative ideas of how to streamline processes for better efficiency, as well as overseeing the day to day management of the Advancement Office’s database.
Your responsibilities will include both the execution and management of:
- Maintaining and updating all constituent information within Raiser’s Edge
- Producing complex queries and exports in support of various Advancement, Alumni, Finance and Admissions activities
- Recording all gift intentions and gift entries in Raiser’s Edge and preparing and mailing all gift receipts and reminders to constituents on a timely basis
- Liaising with Finance to produce projections, reports, and documentation as requested, including the annual audits of Crescent School and The Crescent School Foundation
- Preparing data reports for the purposes of analysis – both fundraising and financial, and merges for Crescent’s direct mail, invitations and communication pieces
- Reporting on financial progress of all campaigns
- Recommending procedures and solutions for accuracy, integrity and efficiency of the database program
- Helping to develop additional databases, as needed, for programs like Mentoring and others
- Providing Raiser’s Edge support and advice to the Advancement Team
As an ideal candidate you will possess:
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated understanding of and preferably experience in the institutional advancement field, or a related field
- Proficient experience in Raiser’s Edge 7 software, excellent computer and database management skills, proficient in MS Office applications, notably MS Excel
- Understanding of HTML and an on-line constituent database an asset
- General or web programming skills
- Experience with Financial and data analysis
- A general interest in technology
- Blackbaud certified would be an asset
- Understanding of the independent school environment an asset
- Knowledge and practices compliant with CRA rules and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a service orientation, ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, deal with interruptions, spontaneous requests and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive resourcefulness, flexibility, the ability to problem-solve and work under pressure.
Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities is available upon request.
For further information about Crescent School and employment opportunities please visit our website at www.crescentschool.org.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only those being offered an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.