BenchSci is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biomedical discoveries.
Today scientists are faced with a major challenge: up to 50% of their experiments fail because of the poor quality of biological compounds. Before using a compound, scientists review thousands of scientific papers in order to identify those that have been proven to “work” by the scientific community. This is a long, rigorous process, taking hours, sometimes even weeks.
Enter BenchSci. We are creating a cutting edge technology that automates this process and
allows scientists to achieve biomedical discoveries faster. Our technology decodes scientific
papers and extracts the crucial information that scientists need. With BenchSci, scientists can now find biological compounds that have been proven to work within seconds.
If you are excited about machine learning, science, marketplaces, startups, and building cool stuff, we want to talk to you!
What we are looking for
A talented, creative, and ambitious full stack developer who will be instrumental in the
development of our cutting edge machine learning search platform for scientific products.
Responsibilities include: UI development with ReactJS, and backend development with big data platforms such as Hadoop and Spark. As we are constantly evolving our technologically, comfort with fastpace changes in toolsets a must. Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in computer science / computer engineering or higher , and possesses the following qualities:
● Comfortable with fast paced technology adaptation
● Innovative and proactive
● Comfortable with functional programming and multiprocessing
● Comfortable with web programming using Django
● Comfortable with ReactJS and its ecosystem, such as webpack, babel, ES6, nodeJS
● Comfortable with SQL, NoSQL and graph databases
● Familiarity with Postgres SQL, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Neo4J a plus
● Knowledge of devop with AWS is an asset
● Background in statistics is an asset
● Interest in biological sciences is an asset
● Good intuition on UI/UX is an asset
Lastly, we hope you don’t take yourself too seriously!
What do you get
● Competitive salary and options at a wellfunded startup
● High growth position in the early stage of a promising startup
● To become our number 2 employee
● Freedom to help improve things
● Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
● To participate in important decision making on system architecture
● To align your professional growth with our company growth
● To Work with doctorallevel colleagues
● To gain exposure to applied deep learning in the real world
● To Help transform and improve scientific research
How to apply?
Please submit a onepage resume and a short paragraph stating why you are interested in
applying to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 7, 2016 . We will review applicants on an ongoing basis.