Finastra is hiring two positions for summer (May-August).
Job SummaryThe Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing code in both client and server sides. Your primary focus will be two-fold: 1) implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance; 2) implement services to support back-end data exchanges and business validation. Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app.
- Deliver complete features in both front and back-end application layers
- Ensure high performance on mobile and desktop
- Write unit tested, coding standards compliant, and minimally documented
- Coordinate the workflow between the UI/UX, Angular and RESTful Services
- Communicate with external web services that may have both SOAP and REST flavors
- Part of an Agile team
Preferred skills & knowledge
- Knowledge of object-oriented coding with applicability in two technologies: Angular and .NET Framework (C#).
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Knowledge of CSS, Bootstrap 3 and JS methods for providing UX compliant deliverables is an asset
- Understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Knowledge of .NET Framework, ASP.NET Web API and HTTP / SSL / XML / SOAP / REST / HTTP protocols is an asset
- Team player attitude
QA Automation Developer
The Co-Op Quality Assurance Automation Developer will have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of Finastra Student Lending products. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and adding test frameworks/infrastructure for many purposes which could include data creation, processing and manipulation. You will be part of a testing automation team that is working on problems in a number of areas, including UI automation and Service testing. Your focus is developing code to test products rather than fixing or finding bugs.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems.
- Build automated suites and associated data using test frameworks.
- Drive test automation and framework development.
- Create testing workflows that communicate together efficiently
Preferred skills and knowledge
- Have a proven aptitude for Computer Science or Information Technology
- General knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Good knowledge of internet technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL and .NET environments.
- Team player attitude
- Willing to take initiative
To apply, please send your resume to Peter Kocsis (email@example.com).