Waterfront International is a Toronto-based quantitative finance research firm, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies.Waterfront’s selective hiring process considers only highly talented individuals with a history of exceptional experience.
Primary ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will design and develop distributed, multithreaded systems focusing on high performance and low latency.
Requirements of the Candidate include:
- 5+ years of professional C/C++/UNIX programming (experience in finance industry preferred).
- Solid background in developing low latency, multithreaded and high performance systems.
- Experience with FIX engines and electronic trading platforms in liquid financial markets is a plus.
- Proven understanding of design patterns, object oriented design, distributed systems and software architecture.
- Solid understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application.
- Experience in TCP/IP networking, sockets programming and large projects.
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or closely related field.