Waterfront International is a Toronto-based quantitative finance research firm, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies. Waterfront’s selective hiring process considers only highly talented individuals with a history of exceptional experience.
Join our team developing and administering leading edge, non-stop, global 24x7 financial trading systems. We develop real-time trading applications utilizing the latest hardware running Linux OS. You will work with a small but demanding group of technical and non-technical users. Our growing team seeks a talented C/C++/Linux X Window programmer to work on components of our trading systems – enhancing the existing systems, developing real-time GUI displays and directly supporting technical and non-technical users.
- Work with distributed multithreaded systems with a strong emphasis on performance and latency.
- Develop real-time, X Window GUI displays for financial trading systems.
- New development and enhancement of existing systems.
- Design, code and test new applications ensuring correctness.
- Work closely with analysts and other groups to provide software solutions.
Requirements of the Candidate include:
- C/C++ programming experience.
- University education with background in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Sybase, Tibco/Rv, Wombat and other various third party solutions is a plus.
- Multithreaded applications preferred but not required.
Candidates with limited to no experience can apply for the Jr C++/Unix Programmer position.