Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
Posted: Sep. 17, 2013
Weekly Hours: 40.00
Job SummaryThe iOS Scholarship for Women in Technology is an opportunity for women to win a $10,000 scholarship to help pay for their education in the technology field.
Key QualificationsApplicants must be in at least their sophomore year of college pursuing a bachelor’s degree, or enrolled in a master’s degree or PhD program in computer science or a related field. To apply for the iOS Scholarship for Women in Technology, applicants must submit their resume and app proposal (discussed below) to this posting as a single PDF by November 15, 2013.
DescriptionThe iOS Scholarship for Women in Technology is an opportunity for women to win a $10,000 scholarship to help pay for their education in the technology field.
- Applicants for the scholarship will also be considered separately for an internship at Apple with the Apple iOS Engineering team
- For more information about internships at Apple, go to www.apple.com/jobs/us/students.html.
- Winners will be notified by December 16, 2013.
App proposalBeyond just your resume, as part of your application you will also need to submit a detailed proposal for a new iPhone or iPad app that you’d like to develop. Be creative and consider all the technologies available to you on iOS. Your proposal should include a description of the following things:
- What is the purpose of the app?
- What problem is the app solving?
- Who is the target user for the app?
- Describe the major user-level features of the app.
- Describe the overall user interaction with the app.
Feel free to include mockups of the user interface (screenshots or functional mockups) if that would help illustrate how the user would interact with it. Please limit your proposal to no more than two pages and include it in the same file as your resume. Maximum file size is 2MB (PDF format is preferred). If you have any questions, please email iOSscholarship@apple.com.
In order to be eligible to receive the scholarship, you must also accept a summer internship, if offered.